Monday, July 19, 2010

It's a bird, It's a plane...

It is no secret that I want to fly.

On the surface, this is proven by my statement that I will one day get my pilot's license-- that is, if I ever get enough money/stop feeling guilty for going against my mother's wishes (Apparently I'm too flighty-- I told her that was a sign... she didn't laugh).

Deeper however, I think I actually want to fly-- like me... physically. No one call the mental ward-- I'm not going to attempt anything. I know it's impossible, but every once in a while I get the opportunity to prove that defying gravity is not reserved for the love child of the Jolly Green Giant and Hermione Granger (Sorry Ron!). Whether it's taking the ATV's for a hair-raising spin around the track (and solidifying my dad's resolve that I will never be allowed to own a motorcycle) or jumping off a zipline on a ropes course, it's nice to feel the rush of wind that lets me know I'm doing something impossible

-- for a little while anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment