Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Planes, Patriots and Pancakes

I LOVE Airports. Really, I do. I love that so many different types of people coalesce under one roof. Everyone is aimed to go somewhere, everyone has a future. Each person is on the verge of what could be an exciting adventure. There is never so much untapped potential in one place. Because of my Love for airports, my weekend started out great-- fantastic really. Right after class I went straight to the airport, on my way to LAX to visit my sister, brother and nephew.

Here's another reason why my weekend was fantastic. I LOVE Fireworks. We didn't get any of the illegal ones (aren't we such good law abiding citizens) but we did buy this massive pack of ground fireworks. They were a blast-- only burned myself once (or twice)-- and we were quite pleasantly surprised when the Tanner's across-the-street neighbors starting firing the most wonderful set of illegal fireworks-- all the fun, none of the risk.

Happy Fourth everyone! I need to take a minute from my superfluous blog and say something really important. I want to thank all those out there who are sacrificing everything for this country. Thank you for putting aside your families and your freedoms to keep both safe for me. Your bravery, I know, is often forgotten. Your sacrifice is often set aside to make room for complaints and nay-sayers, but on this day I want you to all know that You are the heros that run this country. You are the reason I wake up every morning knowing I am free to do what I want. Thank you, and God Bless.


And the final reason my weekend in Rosemond, CA rocked? Crazy Otto's Diner. Holy Heck, let me tell you. I got a triple stack of pancakes, hash browns and two eggs over medium. Sounds relatively reasonable for someone with my stomach, right? Well, these pancakes might have been God's Gift to the Mohave Desert. Please imagine a frisbee-- you know, the normal sized ones-- add about an inch in diameter-- maybe two-- yeah... that was my pancake. Talk about heaven on earth-- I found it in a Diner. I will be visiting this glorious place often-- It gives the Hub reason to be jealous!

Now I'm in the Airport-- watching potential walk by. I'm comfortable, I'm at home and soon I will be home. Ahhh, the simplicities of life.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment