Friday, March 19, 2010

17 Days, 2 Hours and 26 minutes



As you can see, My blog has officially been taken over by the best sport in the nation: Baseball.

As you can see, there is only 17 Days, 2 hours and 25 minutes (now) until the Braves Season Opener.

As you can see, except for the accent of yellow (the best color known to mankind) we are officially in Braves Colors... or America's colors-- considering the Braves are the best team in America, I think that's appropriate. (if anyone dares to bring up their record now, may they feel the wrath of Uncle Sam :D)

As you have probably guessed... I'm a little bit far away from my Braves.

It's actually kind of funny if you think about it. Back when I lived in Atlanta, I took for granted my ability to go to Turner Field whenever I wanted-- and by that I mean, I hardly ever went. However, now that my Braves have been taken away from me (and by that I mean, now that i've taken myself away from the Braves) I desperately want the opportunity to go and see them. Funny how life works sometimes.

Well, I have a substitution. The BYU Baseball team is pretty good, and my allsport pass gets me in to all the games :D... that's right... I am a BYU Baseball fan. Too bad I hardly know anything about them... minus the fact that I really like their hats. I went to a game the other day... but because Utah has the strangest weather I could ever imagine, it snowed out... and here is the frustrating part... We had been down 12 to 2 right before it started snowing-- most people had lost hope (I hadn't... I never lose hope). Then, in the 7th inning (i think)-- as snow was slowly beginning to blanket the painstakingly groomed field-- we came back with overwhelming power. We scored one home run after the other, and then, when the score board read 12-10, the refs called the game!!! I couldn't believe it... we were going to make the most epic comeback ever. I waited during the entire delay, but I had been in Draper earlier that day, and knew that it wasn't getting any better. Oh well, there will be other games, and one day I will watch as we bring Washington down :D

1 comment:

  1. BYU baseball is fun. Nick and i went to a few games over the years. I miss my braves. I was just talking to NIck today about how we are going to have to figure out when the Dodgers play the Braves here in Cali. I told him i would be decked out in Braves gear... and he got nervous. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete